background

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Julia's First Birthday (the real one!)

On July 30th, our sweet Julie-Bean turned 1!!! I know I should have posted this weeks ago, but things have been so busy at school and I am exhausted by the time the kids are in bed. I am still exhausted but I decided I needed to get this blog up before she hits 13 months! :)

She weighed in at 21 pounds (52%) and she was 29 1/2 inches tall (66%). She did great with her shots - just a little cry and then back to smiling.  She did however break out in a crazy rash about a week later from the shots! It looked horrible but she was still a happy camper! She now has 8 teeth (seems like she went from 2 to 8 overnight!). And shortly after her birthday she began walking!!! She is now walking more than crawling! She definitely is ahead of Ben with this milestone...but she has to keep up with her big brother. She loves playing hide and seek....especially when she is hiding under a blanket. When daddy hides, she just throws herself on the blanket, burrows in and laughs hysterically! She also LOVES her big brother and follows him around all the time. 

Here is a little collage I made on her birthday...
the first two photos are in the hospital, the third was the day we brought her home...Love that one!
Then we have a 3 month, 6 month, 9 month shot - some of my faves
Finally some 1 year photos
 Julia's birthday plate with her #1 pancake! 
(We actually did this a few days before her birthday, since I had to work on her birthday 
...and we don't have time to make pancakes on those days!)
 Enjoying her pancake!
 Waking up on her birthday...the flash kept making her close her eyes! 
She's still a cutie... and I love her big smiles! 
This picture features her beloved seahorse she cuddles every night!

 Finally an open eyed shot! :) 
 Wearing her cute dress from Jen! :) Waiting at the doctor's office for her shots. 
 This picture amuses me as Ben is trying to get into the garbage can and it looks like Julia is keeping watch to make sure they don't get caught. And don't mind Ben's shirtless self...he had a blowout at the doctor's office and we hadn't replaced his change of clothes in the diaper bag. I had set out a shirt and it was sitting on his rocker in his bedroom...great place for it, don't ya think? ;) We stopped at Walmart to get a new shirt after we left the doctor's office!
 Julia's Birthday Smoothie from Stick Boy! She was not happy when Eric took it away to take a sip! :) 
She takes her smoothies seriously! :) 

 She figured out if she held on to it, it was harder to take away! :) 
 The best First Birthday Stick Boy photo we could get...it was too sunny for Julia. 
 Ice Cream time at Sunni Skies 
 Time for 12 month photos! :) Using the sticker was hopeless...she was obsessed with grabbing it!
But I love how this cute headband I have matched perfectly with her new dress!
 Silly face
 Giggles
 Best Smile
 Love this sweet one of her just laying on the ground
 Not in the mood to be in the basket...is it bad that this picture kind of makes me laugh!? :)
 Standing was no better...so sad
 Ben to the rescue!!! :) 
 Told you this girl loves her big brother!
 Ben's turn in the basket....sticking the 12 month sticker on his cheek
 "Look Julia, I can put it on my knee!"
 Adding Julia to the basket...she's happy with Ben in there...and they are examining the sticker
 Big hugs!
 Really Big Hugs
 Another sweet photo with the babies
 Giving kisses...right on the lips! But you can see Ben's hair! :)
 A new favorite...kisses on the cheek
 Now I have a happy baby...even if she is trying to climb out
 The sideways glance with one toe on the edge
 Ben's turn again
 Ben's shot of Julia...he held the camera, told Julia "Cheese", and snapped the picture! :) 

While it has been a wild ride, and this year is sure to bring more craziness, we can't imagine our lives with out this sweet little girl! She's feisty and fearless and knows what she wants! Happy First Birthday Julia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment