This was the week before track out, but I took the kids to school to do a few things on a Sunday, and then we tried out this new park. It didn't last long because it was very hot and because Julia is a dare devil!
Julia loves to Swing!
Ben had a blast chasing this butterfly around for ahwile.
Proof he has hair...it sticks up from the static electricity of the slide!
On the first day of track out we visited my friend Lauren and her new baby, Isla! Ben just thought she was super cool! Julia liked her, but was more in to playing with all her toys!
Ben's a natural with babies!
I love how gentle he was with Isla!
Julia just looks on :)
Ben was done...so we had an opportunity to get the little ladies! Julia looks so big!
We had fun and can't wait to see Lauren and Isla again soon! :)
On our first weekend, Eric was off and Teachers were free at Hill Ridge Farms! I was excited to take the kids this year, as Ben is getting into the holiday spirit.
We were talking up the idea of picking a pumpkin and he was so excited!
Hay Maze - Ben breezed right through this!
It took Julia a little longer...but isn't she adorable! And so happy to have freedom!
If I want a picture of both kids, I have to catch them when they are near to each other!
Ben got to feed goats and a pony!
Ben's first pony ride!! :) He said "Yee-haw! Giddy-up!
Waiting for Ben and Daddy to come down the big slide!
There they are!
Fun in the corn!!!
It's so crazy to think that Julia was too little for any of this last year! It seems so long ago!!!
Love this girl!
Waiting for the Hay Ride to start.
Finally found a pumpkin! :)
This one?
So Strong!
Ben trying to help Julia decide on a pumpkin!
I think I want this one!
We had the hay jump all to ourselves for awhile.
Julia was having a blast!
Ben said "1, 2, 3, JUMP!" then carefully stepped down! :)
Let's get daddy!!!
Both kiddos were laughing hysterically!
Julia thought she'd throw hay on herself!
Ben running around the fort.
He actually went in and enjoyed the bouncy house! (In March we went, and he flipped out and would not go into any!) Now every time we see a bounce house he says "Bouncy! Bouncy!" :)
The next week Eric worked on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday, we met some friends at Stick Boy for doughnuts and then met up again at Pullen Park! On the way to the park, Ben said "I play with kids?". I so love how excited he gets to be around other kids! There were several times during this break where he asked other kids "I play with you?" and if you asked what he did that day he would say "I play with kids". Cris' little ones were so great with Ben and Julia! Especially Nolan. He kept Ben by his side nearly the whole time! :)
Nolan taking Ben's hand as they walk across the field. <3
Maddie and Julia riding the boats!
Ben and Nolan again!
Love how these two are smiling at each other
This picture is one of my favorites! Julia was so excited at one point she thought it would be fun to stand up! This one is going to be trouble!
Joey, Aidan, Ben, and Nolan
Ben looks so serious, but he really did have fun!
Fun on the slide!
There goes my little dare devil again!
We also rode the train, which was fun. And then Ben went on the carousel...and then wanted to change animals in the middle of the ride....then threw a fit when we had to get off. We went a second time, Cris being amazing and watching her kids and Julia on the ride while I dealt with Ben. He again wanted to switch animals and threw a fit when we had to get off. That was our key to go - we were done! :) But we had a great time! :)On Wednesday we were on our way to Wrightsville Beach! This was the first time Julia had been to the Ocean! And only the second time for Ben. He didn't like the water last time (he was only 11 months) so we weren't sure what to expect this time. But we got lucky! First of all, it wasn't too crowded, and secondly, both kids LOVED the water and the waves! As soon as we got there, the kids took off in opposite directions! At least there were two of us to follow them! The water was warm and the waves were big. At one point Ben took off, and it was my turn to follow. So we walked pretty far, then we were close to the bathroom, so I made Ben go the rest of the way. He then wanted to be carried on the way back. Ha! We went back and forth of being carried and walking. Some older ladies thought I was mean for not picking him up, but he's heavy! Plus he cried when I picked him up anyway! But eventually we made it back and Eric took turns bring the kids out into the waves. Julia was happy to sit near the water line and wait for the waves to roll in. When they did she sat very still until all the water had receded. There was lots laughing and smiles that day. And both babies were asleep with in minutes of being in the car! 3 hours of fun in the sun will do that to you!
Too Excited to sit down!
But already loving the beach!
Julia had fun picking up shells (sometimes trying to eat them...and eat sand!)
Silly Girl
Loving the water
Ben being brave and playing in the surf! (I think it helped that the water was warm!)
Running! These kids are fast!
Julia wanted to be in the water if Ben was
<3
Happy Girl
She loved having the water rush over her...a few times she got splashed in the face
I love how Ben's tongue is sticking out in this one...crazy kid
This bucket was empty, but later I was showing Julia how to fill the bucket with sand, then I gave it to her...
She did this same thing and got a mouthful of sand...she just laughed! UGH!
Ben playing with cars, Julia playing with shells
The only time they sat still, snack time!
Proof we were there too! :)
This pose didn't last long...Julia broke free and headed toward the waves!
Ben laughing as the water rushes past him
Minutes after leaving the beach! :)
We stopped for food before heading back, and Ben changed to this awesome position!
Julia was out too! :)
On Thursday, we went up to the Museum of Life and Science for their Bubble Day. It was okay, but geared for kids a little bit older. They did do a rocket with a bottle of Coke and some Mentos. It came for us and we got a little wet! Here is Ben blowing bubbles.
Julia walking in the farm yard
We went to the butterfly house too. We walked in with a group of kids who all got the charts to look for butterflies. Ben followed suite and studied his card intently! :)
Look at this giant moth!!! Compare to the chrysalises below!
That's a big chair!
That's a big Julia! :)
On our final weekend of track out, among other things, we helped celebrate Ryan's 4th Birthday at the Little Gym! The last time we were here was to celebrate a friend's first birthday. Julia wasn't even born and Ben wasn't walking! They both had a blast. Ben eventually joined in to the activities that everyone was doing in the middle. He is growing up so fast!!!!
On the Beam
Julia trying to hang!
I'm sure there are other things I am forgetting, but the point is, I had a great time with the kids - and with Eric when he was off! It was busy and crazy and I was a little ready to go back to work. But now I am back and it's busy and crazy there too! So with that, I will sign off and get some sleep before the new week begins! I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the fun things we did on my break! :) Stay tuned for Julia's 15 month blog and Halloween! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment