Our first stop was the Duke Gardens. We've been wanting to take Ben there for awhile, but the heat has kept us away. We did learn that the snap and go stroller, while convenient for stores and restaurants, is not a very good all terrain stroller. Next time we will have to bring the regular stroller. :) Ben slept through 99% of our walk through the gardens. On the plus side when we stopped to get some pictures, he was fast a sleep and like a noodle. I was hoping to do some cute shots and pose his arms, since he was wide awake during his 2 week photo shoot. However, my darling son would not stay in the proper pose even though he was fast asleep. Oh well, I still got some cute shots!
| Superman Pose! :) |
| So peaceful |
| Hmm...what ARE those things?? |
| Ducks? Ohhhhh... |
Eric started off with a slice of beet pizza from Pie Pushers and I got a grilled cheese with guacamole from Will & Pop's. Then Eric waited in line for a very very long time for a crepe - once he ordered he had to wait another 45 minutes to get it! Jeesh! I got some Italian ice while he was waiting in line. Then we took a seat on the lawn to feed Ben while we waited for Eric's crepe. We took turns walking around to see what was going on. I tried to get a locopop ( a Mexican Popsicle), but they were all sold out except for Orange Spice - which I had no interest in. At this point all of the cupcakes were also sold out and the ice cream truck line was really long. I went back and Eric took a walk around. Ben was awake at this point and was enjoying looking around and taking it all in! I snapped a few pictures!
After waiting awhile, we got up and arrived at the crepe truck just as they were calling Eric's name. While he enjoyed his crepe, we got in line for the ice cream truck. We've been there before and I love their salted caramel, and they were out of it. So we got dark chocolate and strawberry - and I am glad we did! It was really, really delicious! We also got some caramel kettle corn to take home. The bag was as big as Benjamin! :)
We had a fabulous Sunday together! I am glad we got to finally spend some time outdoors! The Food Truck Rodeo involved alot of waiting, but it was worth it! Next time we will have to check out a few of the other trucks! :)
Food Truch Rodeo?!?!?! That sounds like heaven! This sounds like such a fun day! The days where you can take them out and they just sleep are SO nice. If you keep taking him places though, you will never have much of a problem, even as he gets older :)
ReplyDelete