

On Sunday, we took an adventure out to Wilmington, NC and looked at some shops, had a late lunch, and walked along the river. Ben did a great job - especially with the 2 hour car ride there and the 2 hours back! Here are a few pictures from that adventure!



Monday and Tuesday Eric had to work, so the rest of us did some tiny adventures. Monday we went to Stickboy for lunch! Grandma enjoyed a sticky bun and Grandpa had a cranberry orange muffin! After lunch we went out to Target and got a few things...Including a tray for the bumbo Ben got from Lois - a close friend of his Great Grandparents! He enjoys sitting in it and Eric and I were just talking about getting him one! It was a great gift! :)

Monday night Grandma made ham, spanish rice and tortilla soup (made by grandpa and brought with! ) . It was a yummy meal!
On Tuesday, we ventured out to the farmer's market where we also had lunch. Grandma found a few fall decorations and Benjamin got his first pumpkin! We were taking a picture of him bu the giant pumpkins, and I saw the most perfect little pumpkin for him! That night I made homemade mac and cheese and some beer brats for dinner. I also made a Texas sheet cake for dessert.


Wednesday, Eric was off and we took an adventure out to Durham! We started with lunch at Bull City Burger. Then we toured the Duke Homestead and learned about how they made tobacco back in the day. After that, we toured the Bennett place where important people surrendered during the Civil War - My grandpa and Eric will be disappointed I don't remember the specifics - but I don't want to get it wrong and I am typing quickly before Benjamin gets restless so I can't look it up! After that, we went to Southern Seasons in Chapel Hill - a fun store full of kitchen gadgets and other goodies. Since it was Wednesday, there were not many people there. Grandpa was walking around with Ben and I had the stroller. Everyone asked - where is the baby. I would say my grandpa had him and they were like "Oh, I saw that cute baby!" and "What a proud grandpa!" LOL! At one point Eric and I couldn't find Grandma, Grandpa & Ben. We thought maybe they had run off with him! LOL...We had the car keys though! After the store, we headed back to Durham to a BBQ restaurant for Dinner. Then we headed home as it began to rain - I mean DOWNPOUR! It was crazy!!! But at least we made it through the day without rain! Here are a few pictures from our last day together! Here are a few pictures from our day!




Before they left, we had to get a picture with Cam for my class. :)

We had a great visit and can't wait to see them again in December! Thanks for visiting! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment