background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day!

I wanted to take some cute photos for daddy, the grandpas, and great-grandpa, but most ideas I found had to do with ties! Since Daddy isn't really a suit and tie kind of guy, I got the idea to do a little sports themed photo shoot!  I got lucky when I remembered that Grandma had gotten Ben this cute little Bears onsie a while back and it was the perfect fit! I got even luckier when I already had the perfect size football thanks to Great-Grandpa! I had this awesome idea to take a picture of Ben on the 50 yard line with a goal post in the background. However, it turns out that our little town lacks a goal post! I finally saw one at the middle school, but it was gated off with a no trespassing sign! So instead we found a cute little park with a sunny patch of grass that made the perfect backdrop for this cute little man and his football! 

And of course since these were father's day photos, I had to get a few with Ben and his daddy! I wasn't planning on it, but it worked out well that Eric was wearing orange too. It's a baseball t-shirt, but Ben is blocking the logo anyway! :) Benny is so lucky to have such a great daddy to play with him and take care of him so well! (Even if he does give mommy a heart attack when he swings Ben all over the place!:)


As far as Father's Day activities, we didn't do anything specific because Eric had to work all weekend - and night shift at that! :( On Friday we were out and about and went to Noodles and Company for some Mac and Cheese with truffle oil! And Thursday when we were at the beach we stopped at a store and Eric got some beer he wanted and some fancy cheese.  Ben got him a Tervis cup with the Bears logo on it, so he wouldn't have to steal the pink cups mommy got from her students! And daddy even got a handy handle to use with his cup in case he wanted to use it for a giant cup of coffee! Finally, Ben did a great job as mommy painted his hand to do a cute little hand print magnet thing for daddy! And I made steak and mashed potatoes for dinner last night. :)

We hope all the daddies, grandpas, and great-grandpas have a fabulous father's day today (or whatever day you get to celebrate)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment