background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ben - 15 months & Julia - 2 months

As September came to a close, Benjamin turned 15 months old and Julia turned 2 months old! 2 well check ups and 7 shots later, everyone is doing great!

Benjamin has had quite an exciting month as he has mastered the skill of walking (even more so in the last two weeks!) He now chooses to walk, even outside his comfort zone of the living room! Our tiny little guy is growing fast! Throughout the first year he was in the 3rd-7th percentile for weight and 40-50th for height. At 12 months he was 30th percentile for weight. Now at 15 months he weighed in at 25lbs 12oz - 67th% and was 32inches long - 76th%! Who knew our little peanut would get so big. So now instead of people saying "He's so tiny" they say "He's such a big boy!" Jeesh - Can't we just say he is the cutest little boy ever! :) LOL! Aside from walking, he now has 4 teeth and I think a few more on the way. He is a climbing machine now and we can't use the computer when he is around! He says several words (that we kind of understand) - Hi, Bye Bye, Bubble (for bubble guppies), doggie, and I am sure a few others I can't remember right now (it's late!). I also taught him the sign for "please" which he uses regularly, especially before signing "eat"! :) A few recent photos!

Chillin on the way home 
 My little Ninja! (His shirt says "Don't Worry, I'm a Ninja!")
I love this laughing smile!
 And this sweet smile :)
 While Julia was enjoying some tummy time, I caught Ben just hanging out "reading" his book! :)
So sweet!!!!!
 
And now for Sweet Julia! We are getting used to this having two kids thing now! I have been back to work for about two weeks now and have successfully gotten myself and both kids ready and out the door, pretty much on time! :) It hasn't been with out both kids crying at times, but it gets done! :) Julia is very laid back and just goes with the flow and puts up with Ben when he tries to poke her eyes, pet her head, and squeeze her! They don't seem to set each other off...just sometimes they both have a reason to cry at the same time. Julia is starting to smile and coo, and has the sweetest little voice when she does! I can't help but smile!  And she is so strong!!! She can hold her head up like a champ and the doctor commented on how strong her back is as well. And her legs are little tiny powerhouses! I finally figured out how she gets herself to move...when she gets angry she puts her feet down and pushes off...raising her little bum and pushing herself back or in turning. Earlier today, I had her on her tummy and she used those legs to turn herself 90 degrees! She's going to be moving before I know it! And for stats...She weighed in at 9lbs 10.5ozs - 17th%, and she was 22.25 inches long - 40% (similar to Ben at that age). I was so excited for her to be in the 17th percentile since Ben was in the 3rd percentile at this time weighing a little under 8lbs. But then I talked to several people who had babies within a week of her, and they all weigh 12, 13, and 15lbs. Oh well...she's still a peanut, but healthy, happy, and strong! :) Here's her 2 month photos!
 
 
Holding her head up strong! 
 
 This is her everyday, laid back look! :)
 There's a little smile!
 Laid back lady!
 A little smile
 Caught her in the middle of a sneeze!!! I could not have planned this!
I love how even her feet are blurry as you can see her whole body moves when she sneezes!
 My fave 2 month photo! :)
 
And this evening, I tried getting a photo with both kids...That's funny...here are the results...Julia has pretty much the same look the whole time. When she starts moving, I am never going to get a photo!
 
 Petting Julia or trying to steal her headband!
 Back to watching tv
 Now I have his attention, but he is sticking his tongue out!
 Trying to pet Julia again!
 
I tried to have him give kisses, but I don't think he could figure out how to bend down to her from the way he was sitting or something. Oh well, maybe next time! Julia is using those strong legs and getting mad...time to feed her! Good Night! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment