background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Visit from the Great Grandparents

Well, I am sitting here with sleeping beauty laying sweetly on the couch next to me. She was nestled snugly in my lap a few minutes ago, before I had to get up because the dogs were being crazy. It's a little easier to type without her in my lap anyway and I got lots of snuggles in last night! Since we are on the verge of a visit from Eric's parents, I thought I should at least post about our last visitors before new ones arrived!

A few weeks ago, right before going back to school, my grandparents came down for a visit to see Ben and meet Julia! We had a great time and were so excited for the opportunity to spend time with them and enjoy my last week before going back to work. Ben and I picked them up from the airport on Tuesday, and then we got Eric and Julia and went to dinner at a BBQ place. Wednesday, Ben had a doctor's appointment, then we did lunch at Stickboy (of course!). We took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed over to Crowder Park. We let Ben play for a few minutes, but he was a little wobbly on the mulch still! He did enjoy a few trips down the slide though! Then we took the kids for a walk around the pond, where we stopped for a bit to watch a ton of turtles swimming around the bridge. Ben enjoyed seeing all the dogs that people were walking, and Grandpa had fun telling inquisitive women that, Yes both the babies were mine ...and I was pregnant again! LOL!!! (NOTE: He was being funny....there are no more babies on the way!!!!! )

Looking at the turtles

 Holding him back or trying to toss him over???? (This one is for you mom!)
 Great picture of Ben and his Great Grandparents
 Giant nasty snapping turtle
 Julia didn't care about the turtles! She just chilled!
 
 
On Thursday, Eric was sleeping since he was on overnights. So we got out of the house and took Ben to Marble's Kids Museum. They have  a new Toddler Hollow area which was perfect for him. Unfortunately the few kids that were in there all left as we came in. There was only about 5 or 6 families in the whole museum and NO FIELD TRIPS! It was a perfect day to take him to explore! He was a little fussy - possibly due to the four shots he got the day before. But when he was distracted with toys he did great! We followed up the museum with an equally empty Irish Pub for lunch! Again...Julia pretty much slept while Grandpa pushed her around! He was in heaven!
 
Fun Sign for Marbles 5th birthday celebration
 Mommy & Ben - because he started fussing
 Now we are having fun in the toddler hollow!!!
 Bright Mushrooms are fun!
 There were lots of little things on the wall...Ben was all about them!
 Crawling through the log
 Hiding out in the little tree alcove!
 On to the big kid stuff...Here he is looking at the fish!
 Driving around town!
 Ben really liked the dinosaurs...he was even saying "Roar!!" :)

 Driving the Ambulance
 Love my little Man!
 I loved watching Ben in the grocery store area!
He goes with Daddy all the time, so he is familiar! :)
Here, he picked up the basket and began adding various fruits!
 I had to pile up the lobsters so he could reach them...
 But he caught one! :)
 Grandma and Ben relaxing on the porch to read a story
 She found the book "Frank the Farmer!"
 (Frank is my grandpa's name! - He's not a farmer:)
 
 This was a fun little moment. Ben grabbed the cereal and tried to put it in the cart, but he couldn't get it to fit. I was so proud of him because instead of just dropping it on the floor, he tried to put it back on the shelf where it belonged. However, he couldn't get it to stay on there. He still didn't give up, but instead settled for placing it on the second shelf. :) I would say that is some great problem solving for a 15 month old! :) Love this little guy! :)
 Back by the fruit, Ben found some grapes in the scale and picked them up and tossed them in the cart!
 And then he got some carrots! Gotta have your veggies!
 And this is what Grandpa and Julia did! :)
 Ben was starting to get fussy, so we left the "Around Town" area
and let him splash in the water a bit!
 A quick stop by the pirate ship! He's a little small for this just yet!
 And after a long day, Ben curled up with grandma and enjoyed some sweet cuddles! Grandma didn't want to talk to him or move for fear he would start crying again! I feel bad that my happy sweet boy was having some rough moments during their visits - between shots and incoming teeth, life is rough!
 
My baby brain has gotten the best of me right now, I can't remember what we did Friday. I think maybe it was a low key day. I don't have any photos! :) LOL! EDIT: I just remembered! Eric was sleeping, I had to go to work, and grandma and grandpa watched the babies! Then Friday night, Eric and I went out to dinner at the Busy Bee Cafe! :) Can't believe I forgot date night! :)
 
Saturday we were planning on heading to the pumpkin farm, but it turned out to be a yucky rainy day. So instead, we went to Southern Seasons, this huge store with all sorts of goodies. Afterwards, we went to Bull City Burger, where Ben played in the play area the whole time!!! We ate a whole meal without him asking for a single bite!!!! It was amazing! Two little girls were playing with him as well, and they were very interested in Julia as well. After lunch Ben and I took Grandma and Grandpa to the airport.  We had a fabulous visit and look forward to seeing them again in June!  I'll leave you with a few group pictures we got!
 
Julia with her Great Grandparents
 Ben & Julia with their Great Grandparents & Mommy (because Ben was fussing again!)
 And while we had a photographer, a family shot
 This one is a little dark, but I love the looks on Ben & Grandpa's faces!
Another fun one!





No comments:

Post a Comment