background

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ben - 16 months & Julia 3 months

Ben is now 16 months old and a full on walker/runner! I think the coolest thing about him walking is how much he seems to enjoy it! Whenever he gets the freedom to roam all over the house, or somewhere outside, he just walks around, falls down, gets back up, and continues walking....laughing and smiling all the way! He sure does think he is hot stuff! (And of course we think he is the coolest thing in town...because no kid has ever walked as awesomely as Ben does! LOL! :) I'm kidding of course, but it sure is neat watching him learn all these new skills! )

He's up to about 25 or 26 pounds and not sure on height but I can tell he is getting taller because he can now open the drawer to the tv stand and peer inside! We often find random toys and such in there! He also loves to look at books!

Last weekend I took Ben and Julia to a Halloween party with my working moms group. I was so exhausted by the end of it! This is the down side to walking! Julia of course wanted to be held and Ben wanted to run free...luckily most of the play area was fenced in so he couldn't go to far, but when he got to the edge, I had to awkwardly pick him up and bring him to the farthest point away from the opening. That bought me a few minutes before I had to do it again. Luckily, one of my mom friends and her husband were there and helped a bit. Especially when Julia decided to pee on herself! I had to changer her diaper and her outfit on a bench! The dad friend helped occupy Ben while my mom friend helped hold Julia still so she didn't roll off the bench while I changed her! :) Thank goodness for friends! (If you are wondering where Eric was, he had to work! )
 
Julia in her fun Halloween outfit and the fun headband I made for her! 

 Ben went right to the tractor and started pushing it around
 Petting the ponies
 "Riding" the pig! He then climbed off and leaned over and kissed the pig with a big ole "MWAH"
 The next few pics look like Julia was trying to play peek-a-boo with me! :)
I love how blue her eyes look in these photos! :)
 My fave!

 Ben with his perfectly sized pumpkin!

And one more fun picture of Ben with a shirt from MeeMaw, since he is always asking for more!
 And Ben is learning to eat with a spoon...sticky mashed potatoes help a little bit!
 A new way to play!
 
 
Our sweet baby girl is now 3 months old already! According to my calculations she is about 11 pounds now! She is pretty happy in the mornings, with big smiles before I head to work! She is mostly laid back, but had her moments of "We have no idea why she is crying". Right now she looks very peaceful as she is sleeping in my arms! She is more of a thumb sucker than Ben was, and doesn't love the paci.  I think I might be okay with that, we'll see!
 
 
Julia is very strong...she loves to try and lift her head up and uses her feet to push off when she is mad...I am surprised she has not flipped herself out of the carseat yet! She gets hugs and kisses from her big brother all the time! However, he also loves to try and take her bottle out of her mouth and try to poke her when she is sleeping! Just wait Ben...she'll be moving soon and you will be in for it! Here are a few fun photos of Julia from the past month!
 
 
Last year we had a little monster outfit like this for Ben...
this year, we got a Ladybug for our sweet girl!
 Had to get a picture of that lip! She is so good at it! :)
 But even better at smiling beautifully! This is my fave picture of the moment! :)
When we found out we were having a girl, we got her a mommy outfit, daddy outfit, and little sister outfit - this is the "Little Sisters Rock" outfit "from" Ben!
 A Big smile :)
 3 months old - cute monogrammed onsie from Teresa! :)
 3 months old with her owl...it was late and she was not really in a picture taking mood!
 And her 3 month old picture in her basket! This is her laid back pose!
 A little blurry, but here is our October Sibling shot! :)
 
Three months into being a parents of 2 under 2 and we are doing pretty well! We have crazy moments for sure, but it feels like we've had 2 kids forever! :) Ben is at a really fun stage and we are enjoying every new adventure with him. Julia is laid back and loves coming along for the ride! Talk to me again when they are both moving and going in opposite directions, but for now I think we've got this under control! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment