Ben is now 18 months old....where did the time go! I am totally loving this age - he is talking more, his personality is so fun, and watching him use his imagination and play with his toys is great! He says a good amount of words these days, and even a few new ones in just the last week or so. The newest words include: eat - milk - apple - nice - nay (to make the horse sound). At his check up he weighed in just under 28lbs and was 33 1/4 inches. He is in the 76th and 77th % - a far cry from the 3% he was in for most of his first year! A few pictures!
An official 18 month photo!
Playing with his new dinosaurs in the kitchen! He got them one at a time, lined them all up, then plopped down and started playing! Didn't I tell you he was so cute!
And our sweet boy (don't mind his mouth full of food!) got his first black eye on Christmas...this is what it looked like the next day. Poor guy, lost the fight with a coffee table! Saddest thing is that a few days later, he was trying to sit on his chair and missed, then fell and hit the top of the same eye!
Before the black eye! He kept running away from me, and
I finally got him to sit and look handsome on the stairs!
Julia - 5 months old
Julia didn't have a check up this month, but on our scale she is around 14 pounds! She is growing fast and smiling more. She laughs, but you have to work pretty hard to hear it! She does more of a huge silent smile! We have introduced oatmeal...but she doesn't totally have the hang of it yet...we might try some banana soon and see how that goes. I have a feeling she will be more picky than Ben was. She finally took a paci - but will only take this one particular paci, that I of course haven't found again! I will guard this paci with my life!!! :) Julia has been rolling to her tummy for about a month now...and it is her preferred method of sleeping (especially when she is laying in our bed!). In the last few days she has rolled to her back a few times too... and when I do put her on her back, she has started bracing herself with her elbows and lifting her head as if she is trying to sit up! This little lady cannot wait to get moving! She loves to watch her brother and will sit in the bumbo smiling and "talking" to him! She can finally reach the floor when in the jumper, so we will be tyring that more often since she loves to be up right. A few pictures of our princess!
Enjoying some oatmeal
Another basket shot!
And with the owl...I love how when she smiles, her whole face smiles! :)
The onsie I forgot to have her wear while Aunt Kaelin was here...
She is either trying to say "Yay, I'm 5 months old" or "I love you this much"
Auntie onsie with the owl
And I was going through a few things I kept from Ben, and found this cop onsie...I had to put it on her! I love the last photo best, but they were all so cute! And I had to add the headband so everyone knew she was a girl because....GIRLS CAN BE COPS TOO! :)
Once Again, Happy New Year to everyone from our family to yours!
Here's looking forward to a wonderful 2013!

No comments:
Post a Comment