background

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Julia 4 months - Ben 17 months

A few days late, but here is our monthly update! November was crazy....I was getting ready to move out of my classroom, get assessments done, and keep Ben and Julia happy! Julia has not been the amazing sleeper Ben was (and still is), so my lack of sleep has made a busy month, slightly more difficult. But we all survived and made it to December and now I am officially tracked out until January 2nd! Yea for a whole month off! :)

So our sweet baby girl Julia is now 4 months old! She weighed in at 12lbs 15oz (we almost made it to 13 lbs!) - 31% and she is 24 1/2 inches long - 56%.  She smiles alot, especially in the morning after realizing her tricks worked on this tired mommy and she is waking up in our bed! This usually happens after I've gotten her and put her back down a few times and I just want sleep! Oh the things we say we will never do, and then end up doing them! She laughs more now too. And she adores her big brother who is always giving her hugs and kisses! She takes it like a champ! Julia is so strong and has amazing head control...even impressed the doctor! About a week or so ago, we transitioned her to the crib. (quite the ordeal as we took Ben's crib apart, moved it to Julia's room, and then set up Ben's new crib! Whew!) She is quite the mover... We have always had to be careful when sitting her in the car seat or crib, or changing table because she pushes off with her legs and wiggles herself out if not buckled in. And when she gets mad...she can really move! So in her crib she is able to spin herself around and moves all over the place! I don't ever remember Ben moving so much this early! Then a few nights ago, she started rolling over to her belly and sleeping like that! This month we will be working on the sleep training, because I am in serious need of some shut eye! (for more than 2 hour increments!)

A few photos of our baby girl from November!
Chillin in her fave position!
 
Sleeping beauty
 
First Thanksgiving
 
4 months old!
 
In a basket
 
Julia's Christmas Box photo! Too bad I didn't have this ready when I ordered Christmas cards!
 
 

Benjamin turned 17 months old in November! I can't believe how big he is getting! He is running all over the place, loves to be silly and knows when he is being funny! The biggest thing is how many words he can say these days...now some them I realize you would need to be here and hear them in context, but these are the words I consider him to have (and probably a few more I will forget):  Momma (all the time these days! I love it!), dada, papa, hi, bye, nana (for banana), doggie (still a favorite!), cow, moo, nigh-nigh, muah (when he gives kisses!), woof (sometimes), ball, and boo! I feel like I am forgetting some, but remember - I am sleep deprived! LOL! EDIT: He can also say no, bubble guppies, and cookie! Ben is at such a fun stage right now and we are enjoying watching him grow and explore the world! I am looking forward to the visit from my mom and sister so they can see all the fun things he is up to these days!
 
A few pictures of Ben!
Fall in the leaves
 
Admiring the Christmas tree
 
Looking handsome in his Doggie Sweater
 
 
 
And a few pics of my two babies together...still not getting great - both kids looking and smiling pics...but it's fun to see them grow together!
Being silly together
 
trying to get a christmas photo...this lasted one second and Ben was up running around again! LOL!
 
 
As always, we are loving every minute of our babies, but it has been a very long month...Looking forward to our princess becoming a sleeping beauty! :) (This would be a good time to mention that Julia is sleeping on the couch next to me at 10:30 in the morning..It's exhausting waking mommy up in the middle of the night!) I am really looking forward to Christmas with Ben this year - even if we have to celebrate a day late since Eric is working! Happy Holidays Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment